Diet Plan Weight Loss
There is no one for all diet plan for weight loss as everyone is unique. You need to know your daily calories requirement for you to lose weight. Besides, a good diet plan should be individualized to suit your lifestyle, food preference, budget and medical conditions if there is any.
In general, there are some basic meal planning principles for weight loss. Always remember, besides taking lesser calories, eating healthily is important. Basically, a healthy weight loss diet plan emphasizes on criterias below:
- Eat less fat
- Eat less sugar
- Eat less amount of food
- Drink less alcohol
- Eat more fiber
- Eat regular meals
1. Eat less fat
- Eat steamed or grilled foods instead of deep fried foods. Limit fried foods to 2x/ week.
- Use non-stick pan to fry foods.
- Remove poultry skin and choose lean meat.
- Take low fat or non-fat dairy products instead of full cream dairy products.
- Use olive oil, lemon juice or balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing instead of mayonnaise or thousand island dressing.
- Choose vegetable-based broth soups rather than cream-based soups.
2. Eat less sugar
- Avoid foods high in refined sugar which give you extra calories with no nutritional value.
- Ask for less sugar, sweetened condense milk or syrups in your drinks or desserts.
- Drink less ‘no sugar added’ products as they may still contain high amount of natural sugar.
- Drink less 3-in-1 beverages.
- Take fruit as a snack instead of cookies or other sweet snacks.
- Choose plain water instead of sweetened drinks.
3. Eat less amount of food
- Start your meals with some water, broth-based soap or green salad. This will help to cut down the total calories during the meal.
- Use a smaller plate to place your food. Same amount of food looks more on a smaller plate.
- No need to eat until you are 100% full.
4. Drink less alcohol
- 2 standard drinks a day for men
- 1 standard drink a day for women
1 standard drink = 15g alcohol. Examples of 1 standard drink = 360ml beer/ 150ml wine/ 45ml hard liquor or distilled spirits.
5. Eat more fiber
- Fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables in every meal.
- Eat whole fruit instead of drinking fruit juice.
- Add vegetables to soups, noodles or sandwiches.
- Add legumes to rice or salad.
- Take brown rice or wholemeal bread instead of white rice or white bread.
6. Eat regular meals
- Eat your breakfast, lunch and dinner at regular time. Do not skip meals.
- If feeling hungry between meals, eat a healthy snack, such as a piece of fruit or small salad.
- Regular meals and snacks can avoid overeating during the next meal.
Enquire our weight loss programs now!
Find out how we can make your weight loss achievable. Simply call 03-9212 9670.
Dietary changes to reduce calories intake
Small positive dietary changes can be significant to reduce your calories intake. Always start with some modifications to your current diet. Below is an example on how to reduce 824kcal in a day through some good dietary modifications.
Calories reduced by
|Top your whole-grain cereals with skimmed milk instead of 2% or full cream milk||1 cup (240ml) of skimmed milk instead of 1 cup of full cream milk||
Calories reduced by
|Have steamed or grilled foods instead of deep fried foods||2 pieces (60g) of steamed chicken instead of 2 pieces of fried chicken||
|Take more vegetables instead of extra meat||3 table spoon of cooked vegetables instead of an extra serving of poultry||
|Take vegetable-based gravy instead of meat-based or curry gravy||1 oz of vegetable-based gravy instead of 1 oz of coconut milk-based curry gravy||
|Accompany your lunch with a fruit instead of snacking on chips||1 apple instead of 1 pax (30g) of potato chips||
Engage a qualified dietitian